Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Eiffel Tower


I was leafing through travel tips for Paris when I found out that queue for the elevator to the top could take up to 2 hours or even longer.  Line was way shorter during our first visit… from what I remember.  But the good news is… you could now buy tickets online to skip the line.  So I bought the tickets online right away… although not the time that I planned to be there.  So I had to move things around on our itinerary and had to cancel a dinner reservation.

So here we are walking from Le Suffren to the Eiffel Tower on Champ de Mars when suddenly it rained with snowdrops. It would have been really pretty on the pictures with the Eiffel Tower backdrop had it not been too windy.  Too windy that our umbrellas folded and broke.

With the pre-purchased tickets on hand, we were able to hop on the elevator without having to fall in line.

Up, up, and… voila!  One of the best places to see Paris from above.









No comments:

Post a Comment