Friday, January 2, 2015

"The Green Green Grass of Home"


I have Tom Jones song running in my head as I look at my grandparents rice field and walk down memory lane.

 ♪ ♫  "Down the road I look ♫♭... there goes the green, green grass of home."

Yes, this is home.  This is where we spent beautiful childhood memories.  I used to walk on this rice field on our way to the other side where there's a river we used to swim and play.

That middle house, the green & white house, my Dad built that just this past year as sort of a "weekend house." But on the same spot used to be my grandparents' house.  And right in front runs a street I used to chase Dad on his way to work in the morning.  Then there's a star apple tree I would sit and wait for him in the afternoon. 

My mom used to teach in this village.  We lived here on weekdays until I was about four years old.  Then we moved to our house by the beach.

Oh yeah, the old hometown still look the same... green and beautiful!


No comments:

Post a Comment