Monday, June 5, 2017

Salmon En Papillote


I raved the first time I had bass en papillote at a cozy French bistro, Bistro Provence, on North Pass in Burbank.  That place, though highly rated, has closed its doors a couple of years ago.
  
En papillote is French for “in paper.” It is a method of cooking where food is put into a folded pouch of parchment paper and then baked. I have made this dish a number of times.  I have used salmon, cod, branzino and halibut. 

Tonight I used salmon, placed on a bed of couscous, then topped with sliced onion, cherry tomatoes and lemon.

For the wrap, I used aluminum foil because the parchment paper I bought was apparently not meant for the oven. Aluminum or parchment?? … I prefer parchment.

Here's another blog entry for Salmon El Papillote



No comments:

Post a Comment