Friday, June 2, 2017

Swiss Chard


Our first harvest of the season – Swiss Chard.  They were planted a month ago on the same planter box we had arugula and kale in the winter.  On the other box, we have different kinds of tomatoes – San Marzano, early girl, ….  Then on the side, by the fence, we have beans and bitter melon. I water them all every morning before I get ready for work.

We have a faucet in the backyard and another one on the side yard, both are about 25 feet away from the planter boxes.  Since our hose is not long enough, I use a sprinkler. The tomatoes are watered first, then the beans, the pepper, the bitter melon, the chard, the herbs, the grapes, green onions, navel orange, calamansi and pomegranate.  I go back and forth about ten times in total which helps bump up my steps.  My daily goal is 7k. 

The pomegranate, it was planted right on the fence, so I had our gardener move it to another spot.  Right now it looks dead, no leaves have come out on the branches yet, but when I scratched the bark, it is still green, so I am not losing hope.  











No comments:

Post a Comment