Thursday, September 4, 2014

Braised Short Ribs with Heirloom Carrots


I took the afternoon off from work today to get our flu shots from the Little Guy’s doctor’s clinic. 

Got home, looked at the clock and it’s 3:30 PM.  Perfect!  I have four hours to cook the quite expensive short-ribs to mouth-meltingly tender.


Seasoned the meat with salt and pepper then seared in the Dutch oven with olive oil until all sides turned golden brown.  Then I added the onion, garlic, celery, leeks, fennel, tomato sauce, beef broth and red wine.  Sprinkled some salt and cracked some pepper.


Covered and  placed on the 325 degrees pre-heated oven.  


Three hours later, I added the heirloom carrots and cooked for another twenty minutes.

Oh my! The meat comes away from the bone in such a perfect way.   

So rich and so flavorful!




No comments:

Post a Comment