Saturday, February 14, 2015

Paella Night


For this paella, I warmed chicken stock, white wine and saffron on a small saucepan. Then on the adjacent burner I sautéed chopped onion, minced garlic and more saffron on a paella pan.  Poured in the diced tomatoes and cooked for about five minutes. Next, I added the arborio rice, paprika, a pinch of salt and freshly-ground pepper and stirred until well blended.  Then, spooned in half of the wine/chicken stock from the adjacent saucepan, rotated the paella pan and let it simmer.

When liquid has evaporated I added more stock and continued adding until rice was almost cooked.  Then I arranged the octopus tentacles, shrimp and black mussels on top and continued cooking for another 10 to 15 minutes.

Carried the pan to the living room where a bottle of La Cana Albarino from Salnes Valley in Rias Baixas, Spain is waiting.





No comments:

Post a Comment