Friday, March 15, 2013

Our Pregnancy Journey



TWO PINK LINES

After a quite long journey, God blessed us with the most precious gift... a BABY!! Husband and I were OVERJOYED!!!We hugged and kissed and laughed :-)

We were completely overwhelmed with excitement,  but we decided not to tell anyone yet (except my VP) until closer to the second trimester.



PRENATAL VISITS
 
Anyone who’s been through a miscarriage understands the hidden worries behind each Doctor’s visit, but of course you try hard to think nothing but positive thoughts.


6-weeks:  First Ultrasound

Our excitement level skyrocketed!  We have this new life in our lives.

Sitting here trying to think of the words to best explain what I felt.... honestly, there are no words that could describe my feelings.
7-weeks:  Baby's Heartbeat

Awww, there’s our little grape-sized baby's heart beating!  Our hearts smiled :-)  We were over the moon with excitement

 


16-weeks:  It's a BOY!!!


The doctor peered at the ultrasound and announced, "It's a boy!" We cannot wait to meet the little man :-) 


























18-weeks:  Fetal Anatomy Scan

The doctor checked the baby's heart, brain, limbs, kidneys, spine and head circumference -- and everything is developing perfectly.  Thank God!



BABY BUMP

It has been an amazing ride watching my pregnant belly grow each and every week.  Below are some snapshots of my baby bump at 10 weeks, 16 weeks and 36 weeks.




MORE MATERNITY SNAPSHOTS


BABY KICKING


The baby was kicking away which thrills us to no end...





WEIGHT PROGRESSION


I stayed perfectly fit pre-pregnancy. I eat healthy, I walk regularly and I work out with a personal trainer.  During pregnancy my appetite waned.  I didn’t want to eat anything during the first trimester except fruits – sending hubby to the grocery store in the wee hours of the night to pick-up some oranges, apples and grapes.  After those first three months passed, baby made some specific requests – Nutella, chocolate and anything sweet.  I lost 8 pounds during the first trimester only to gain those back plus more during the last two trimesters.  My total weight gain at the end of pregnancy was 16 pounds. I’m back to my normal weight (actually, a few pounds less) two weeks after giving birth.  Baby tipped the scale at 7 pounds 9 ounces when he came out.

On the wardrobe front, I pretty much stayed in my regular clothes during pregnancy except for  maternity pants which I transitioned into at Week 32.


3D ULTRASOUND AT  30 WEEKS



 
WHAT I MISS DURING PREGNANCY

 

No comments:

Post a Comment