Saturday, August 15, 2015

Midsummer Stroll in Santa Barbara


Friday afternoon while I was juggling a thousand reports without blinking an eye, husband called to ask if I wanted to go on a weekend getaway.  Of course, of course! I knew I had to finish some work stuff over the weekend, but who cares? I can do it at the hotel when they are both asleep.

The moment the Little Guy and I got home I started searching for hotels.   Forecast for the weekend was in the three digits so I narrowed down my search to towns/cities along the coast. Unfortunately, most of them were either fully booked or require a two-day stay.

Saturday morning we decided to just drive to Santa Barbara, dubbed ‘The American Riviera.’  First stop was at Stella Mares in Montecito for brunch, then we proceeded to Old Mission Santa Barbara,  strolled at the rose garden, then hopped on the car, drove to State Street all the way to Stearns Wharf, then on to Cabrillo Blvd to US-101 S.  

The sun was setting as we drive back home.





No comments:

Post a Comment