Monday, June 1, 2015

Meatless Monday: Nicoise-style Pasta Salad


Brought a big pot of salted water to a boil.   Tossed a handful of green beans and cooked until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes then shocked in a large bowl of ice water. Next, I dropped the shell pasta into the boiling water. While the pasta is cooking I sautéed the cherry tomatoes in olive oil on a separate pan.  
On another pot of boiling water, I had the heirloom tomatoes and organic cage-free eggs cooking.
When pasta is done, I drained and tossed in olive oil with capers and chopped anchovies. Sprinkled salt and pepper.  Then,  I added the cherry tomatoes, kalamata olives, green beans cut into three pieces, canned tuna and sliced heirloom potatoes.  Tossed a few times, transferred to a salad bowl and then garnished with boiled eggs cut in half.


No comments:

Post a Comment